Alvarez & Marsal
- Santosh Kamath is an MD with A&M in India and brings over 23 years of management consulting experience in the energy & utilities sector. He specializes in clean energy and energy transition areas.
- He has led business transformation mandates for energy clients in areas related to strategy, operations improvement, sales acceleration, financial turnaround and organizational change.
- Mr.Kamath brings deep understanding of energy sector regulation, power markets and energy policy issues.
- He has helped large corporates in manufacturing, financial services and other sectors in their decarbonization programs by helping set a roadmap, developing a near term strategy and in program execution.
- He brings strong experience across the spectrum of stakeholders – governments, private & public utilities, resource owners, developers and manufacturers in coal mining, power generation, transmission and distribution space.
- Mr. Kamath has helped clients set up businesses in new energy areas including renewables, digitally enabled platform businesses, hydrogen, battery and energy storage systems.
- Mr. Kamath is a recognized leader in the industry and has worked closely with the Government in shaping a vision for India’s renewable energy sector and authored several papers in the space.
- He advised the Minister of Power & Coal in a marquee coal logistics optimization exercise for India leading to USD 1 billion dollar in annual savings.
- He has advised regulators in handling complex issues related to contract repricing and compensation for cross-border events.
- Mr. Kamath has advised global corporations in their entry into India’s energy sector helping them evaluate the opportunity, identify potential partners and understand the regulatory landscape.
- Prior to A&M, Mr.Kamath spent 20 years with KPMG in the energy practice and was the national leader of the renewable energy practice. He also worked for 3 years at Arthur Andersen in Mumbai.