Principal Technical Consultant
- Dr. Shivani Sharma is presently a Principal Technical Consultant in Power Consulting, Power Grids- Grid Integration in Hitachi Energy India. A seasoned professional working extensively >17 years in the Energy Industry & Futuristic Smart Grids, making outstanding Technical, Leadership contributions to Energy Transition, R&D, Power system Analysis, EPC and Detailed Design Engineering across geographies.
- Actively performing Power system studies / Design Engineering for various projects and Grid integration, Policy Benchmarking & Grid Compliance of Large Renewables (Solar and Wind Farms); & DER’s: E-mobility, Energy Storage, Green Hydrogen, Microgrids, as well as conventional Refineries, Chemical and Fertilizer Projects, Clean Fuel Projects, Power Plant (CCGP & Solar both), Relay Coordination and Electrical Arc Flash Analysis.
- Work Experience of Projects spread over Geographies: India, USA, Singapore, Germany, UK, UAE; and Work Organizations: Hitachi Energy, ABB India Ltd., Samsung Engineering India, and Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Executive Committee of Professional Forums like: Cigre (WiE), IEEE (PES-IAS and WiE); & IEEMA (Indian Electrical and Electronics Manufacturers' Association), Society of Power Engineers (Delhi and Vadodara), Skills Council of India (Delhi), PhD Doctoral Progress Review Committee (Gujrat Technical University & Navrachna University), Advisory Board Member, The Centre of Excellence for Advanced Energy Systems, School of Technology (Engineering), Woxsen University, Hyderabad.
- Recipient of eminent National & Global Awards towards Power Sector and Renewable Contributions, few recent ones: o “The Energy Woman of the Year (Renewable) Award”, at The Economic Times Energy Leadership Summit & Awards 2022, New Delhi. o “Trailblazer of the Year”, at Renewable Energy India (REI) Awards 2022, Greater Noida.
- Appreciation Certificate from CIGRE INDIA & Central Board of Irrigation and Power for technical contributions towards Power & Renewable Sector, 2023, Delhi.
- “Women Leader driving Energy Sector in India; ETN: India 50 - Influential Women Leader in energy space”, by India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA), Customized Energy Solutions (CES), Emerging Technology News (ETN), for contribution to Indian Energy Industry, for being an exemplary leader and role model for women, catalyzing the industry growth and creation of this emerging market in Energy Space (including Energy storage, Electric Mobility, and Green Hydrogen), May 2023.
- Finalist: Global Technology Leadership Award & WomenTech Community Award (Public Voting), Women in Tech Global Awards 2022, Europe & North America; o" Engineering Excellence Award" & special “Citation” for Contribution to Engineering and Power Sector by Society of Power Engineers, Vadodara Chapter, 2022.
- Appreciation Letter for Expert Training on Renewable Integration to Global participants of developing nations, organized by National Power Training Institute (NPTI) and sponsored by Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India (GoI).
- "Trainer Appreciation", For Continued Contribution towards Customer Training Programs at Hitachi EnergyTEC, Technology Experience Center, Maneja, Vadodara, India.
- Extensive Knowledge Sharing: Published/presented more than 45 research papers in international and national journals /conferences, including CBIP, international IEEE Keynote Speaker, IIT, NPTI, ISGF, GridTech, REI.
- All this professional experience is supplemented with a Masters degree in Electrical Power Systems, and PhD (Electricity Regulations, Renewables, Data Mining); from Sardar Patel University, Gujarat, India.